Skip to main content

Mommy Poo Poo

Oh my girls! They drive me nuts but I love them so. They are such characters. Little A is still refusing to use many words with us. She prefers to point, babble and then scream hysterically when we cannot figure out what she wants. I had a long talk with one of her daycare teachers this morning who assured me that she is using a lot of words there, most of which we have never heard from her before. She did admit, however, that Little A usually just cries first, until they force her to use words to ask for what she wants. She suspects that we given too quickly to her crying instead of encouraging her to verbalize. Of course, yesterday when Big A started calling me Mommy Poo Poo on the way to school, Little A picked this up immediately and they were both yelling "Mommy Poo Poo" and laughing hysterically all the way.

Little A is also still being difficult about her teeth. When we get out the toothbrush, she starts yelling, "No teeth, no teeth!" and it takes Adam holding her head staight and restraining both her hands while I shove the toothbrush in to get her teeth brushed. This means that it is physically impossible for me to brush her teeth in the morning when I am by myself. I end up brushing her lips while she howls and squirms, even if I've restrained her in the stroller.

Big A made us absolutely crazy on Wednesday night, the first night of Hannukah. Her best friend G., was over for dinner. Adam took Little A out for a bit to give the big girls some time to play without interference. After they finished their banana pancakes and carrots and dip (the meal Big A requested), Big A wanted some Hannukah gelt (chocolate coins) for dessert. Both she and Little A had gotten a bag of chocolate coins from the Hannukah party they went to last weekend. I acquiesced but when I handed her a coin, she proceded to break off a tiny crumb for G. I explained to her that she must give G. a whole coin for herself but Big A started yelling that she "Didn't want to waste any of HER coins." I was outraged and grabbed a coin from her bag to give to G. She became hysterical so I grabbed one from Little A's bag and gave it to G. I told her she could have no more chocolate. Big A screamed and cried until I warned her that if she didn't stop immediately, I would throw all the chocolate in the garbage.

When Adam got home I told him the story. After G. went home, he told Big A he was taking one of her chocolate coins and giving it back to Little A. This triggered another screaming fit from her. I asked her how she would feel if G. did the same thing to her when she was visiting her house. She finally seemed to understand why what she had done was wrong and actually offered to call G. to apologize. I was impressed with that and we dialed the number for her. As appalling as her refusal to share was, I really think she understood the lesson we were trying to teach her. I just hope she'll be more gracious about sharing next time...

Little A's daycare is really starting to piss me off. For the third time this week, they just called and told me she has a fever and I need to pick her up. Huh? Each time I come, she is fine and has no fever and doesn't seem sick at all. Is she developing an allergy to the daycare or something? So it looks like my day today is shot. I just had to cancel my meeting with the poor woman who just had a miscarriage and reschedule for next week. Here I go off to get Little A AGAIN...

Comments

  1. Okay, I'm giggling a bit at the Mommy Poo Poo, I can just imagine my boys going with that. They do sometimes starting calling things poopy, and rather than telling them not to I've made a game out of it by saying other rhyming words - they both start doing that too and pretty soon we're all enjoying ourselves without the potty mouth :)

    Do they seriously make you take her home if she has no temperature when you get there? Can you ask your doctor about it? Is it possible she's getting overheated while playing, are they keeping her coat on when she's inside? It definitely seems like there's something else going on here besides her actually being sick.

    I also totally think you did the right thing with Big A and the chocolate, good for you!!! I'm impressed that she wanted to call G and apologize, good for her too. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese 7-Spice Kelp Noodles

I love trying new spices and seasonings, so I am very excited that the President's Choice Black Label line now has a bunch of new spice blends available.  My most recent find: Shichimi Togarashi, or Japanese 7-Spice blend. It's a combination of crushed red chili flakes, sea salt, Szechiuan peppercorns, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, orange zest, wasabi powder and nori seaweed flakes. I make Japanese-inspired dishes all the time, but resort to the same old flavours most of the time: miso, soy, sesame, ginger and garlic.  I was so excited to be able to liven things up a bit. This dish is easy and tasty, although be warned that this seasoning packs punch.  I used 1 tsp, which ended up being too spicy for me, and I have a high tolerance for heat!  I recommend 1/4-1/2 tsp, or, if you don't like heat at all, make your own at home and omit the red chili flakes.  You'll get all the flavour without the heat. I served these noodles with a mix of seafood (

Blackfly Coolers: Product Review

Summer is over! Well, at least if you're a student. Officially it doesn't end for a few weeks, and it certainly still feels like summer. Yeah, I hate it. This f*cking hot, humid weather needs to end NOW! We made the most of our last weekend of the summer with our annual trip to the CNE on Friday, with a crowd of friends. It wasn't unbearably lot, thank goodness, and the girls and their friends had a blast on the rides.  Saturday I had to work, and Sunday was errand day. Monday we took the girls berry/apple/pear picking but didn't last long due to the heat. I organized the house to prepare for the construction workers starting back up yesterday, while Adam took the girls for a swim in our neighbourhood pool. Yesterday was the first day of school. Grade 2 and Grade 5. Yep, the girls are growing up.  We are fortunate that the girls don't have much anxiety about school, they are so much more confident than I ever was as a kid! But now, in the midst of our reno ch

How to Look Like a Celebrity

Okay, I know you're going to be interested in this post! I am sure virtually every woman in North America has wondered how Hollywood celebrities achieve such 'perfect' bodies.  Well, at CAN FIT PRO last week, one of Hollywood's top fitness trainers, Eric the Trainer , was there to tell us fitness professionals the secrets! Eric the Trainer, gave several presentations, and I caught the one on Celebrity Secrets, and it was most interesting!!!  I also found some of what he said rather disturbing. First off, he was very upfront about the fact that celebrities come to him for improve their appearance.  Not to improve their health or athletic performance.  To look their best.  He admitted that his approach then, is entirely dedicated to that end. Male and female celebrities are trained in completely different ways because Hollywood wants women to be lithe and thin and in his words, "look like they dropped out of heaven looking this way without every having ste