Anyways, I won't go into a full-on rant. But I will admit to having succumbed to the pressure to look youthful. I because self-conscious enough about the lines on my forehead that I have anti-aging cream I apply every day and all sorts of 'illuminating' creams that are supposed to make light bounce off my skin in a way that hides my wrinkles. Sometimes when I am getting ready in the morning, I feel like a contractor working on drywall with all the layers of stuff I put on. So I didn't bat an eye lash when I was asked to try out Skindinavia's new spray Makeup Primer. Hey you prime walls before you paint them, right?
My biggest concern was the fact that I have sensitive skin, but this hasn't been a problem. It is oil-free and paraben-free.
Here are the claims:
- 83% of users agree: this is the best makeup primer they have ever used.
- 93% of users agree: The Makeup Primer Spray makes skin feel noticeably smoother.
- Silicone-free formula creates a light, breathable barrier between skin and makeup.
- Helps to prevent redness, uneven skin tone and large pores.
- Proven to reduce the need for touch-ups or blotting.
- Formulated to be worn with or without makeup.
They also have an oil control formulation for people with oily skin. Mine tends to be on the dry side.
So? Well beyond simply not having an allergic reactions, I am also quite pleased with how this product performed. It is light enough even for a sweat-bag for me to wear in summer. It does seem to make my skin look smoother and keeps my make-up from smudging as much. I give it two thumbs up.
Note: I was sent complimentary products to test, but all the opinions on this blog are my own.