Skip to main content

My Sole Story: Vionic Shoe Review

BRONZE
Happy feet are important.  I love cute shoes, but for me, they are not worth it if they aren't comfortable.  I envy women who can where whatever shoes they want without much thought, but I am not that woman!

First of all, there has to be some practicality to footwear for me.  If I can't chase after my children, run for the bus, etc. then forget it.  Special occasions are the only time I'll break this rule, but even then they have to be comfortable. At our wedding, my shoes came off right after the ceremony and didn't make it back on for the rest of the night.  I could have cared less that my dress dragged on the ground.  Those nasty buggers pinched like all get out.

The other reason I have such limited shoe options is that I have really bad feet.  My circulation is bad (which is odd for a very fit person), and although my doctor is not concerned about it (although the podiatrist a few years ago just told me to avoid walking outdoors all winter long...right!), it means warmth is key in the colder months.  I also have very sensitive skin so straps and things often cause chaffing and blisters.  I have a bunion on the outside of my left foot creates problems with fit, and my gait, walk and biomechanics are basically messed up (I have over $1,000 worth of orthotics that failed to help!), so I have to wear shoes with adequate support if I want to avoid pain.  And forget about squeezing my feet into narrow, pointy-toed stilettos! That's just a recipe for disaster.

Summer is often the worst time of year for me, foot-wise, because finding sandals I can wear without socks that don't create blisters, chaffing or pain is really challenging...especially when trying to find shoes that are appropriate for work.  So when Vionic offered to let me try a pair of their shoes, I, of course, said, "Absolutely!"

I sure am glad I did.  I got the Catarina model in bronze.  They are rather elegant looking for such comfortable shoes, and I can tell they are good for my feet.  They are supportive but light and well cushioned.  What a treat for my feet!!  I am so thrilled I have a pair of shoes that look stylish enough for the office this summer, but also allow me the freedom to walk with comfort.  That is not a small feet...I mean feat.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have any boot or fall/winter shoes available yet, but if they come out, you can bet I will checking them out.

If you think my #solestory is worthy, vote for me here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese 7-Spice Kelp Noodles

I love trying new spices and seasonings, so I am very excited that the President's Choice Black Label line now has a bunch of new spice blends available.  My most recent find: Shichimi Togarashi, or Japanese 7-Spice blend. It's a combination of crushed red chili flakes, sea salt, Szechiuan peppercorns, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, orange zest, wasabi powder and nori seaweed flakes. I make Japanese-inspired dishes all the time, but resort to the same old flavours most of the time: miso, soy, sesame, ginger and garlic.  I was so excited to be able to liven things up a bit. This dish is easy and tasty, although be warned that this seasoning packs punch.  I used 1 tsp, which ended up being too spicy for me, and I have a high tolerance for heat!  I recommend 1/4-1/2 tsp, or, if you don't like heat at all, make your own at home and omit the red chili flakes.  You'll get all the flavour without the heat. I served these noodles with a mix of seafood (

Blackfly Coolers: Product Review

Summer is over! Well, at least if you're a student. Officially it doesn't end for a few weeks, and it certainly still feels like summer. Yeah, I hate it. This f*cking hot, humid weather needs to end NOW! We made the most of our last weekend of the summer with our annual trip to the CNE on Friday, with a crowd of friends. It wasn't unbearably lot, thank goodness, and the girls and their friends had a blast on the rides.  Saturday I had to work, and Sunday was errand day. Monday we took the girls berry/apple/pear picking but didn't last long due to the heat. I organized the house to prepare for the construction workers starting back up yesterday, while Adam took the girls for a swim in our neighbourhood pool. Yesterday was the first day of school. Grade 2 and Grade 5. Yep, the girls are growing up.  We are fortunate that the girls don't have much anxiety about school, they are so much more confident than I ever was as a kid! But now, in the midst of our reno ch

How to Look Like a Celebrity

Okay, I know you're going to be interested in this post! I am sure virtually every woman in North America has wondered how Hollywood celebrities achieve such 'perfect' bodies.  Well, at CAN FIT PRO last week, one of Hollywood's top fitness trainers, Eric the Trainer , was there to tell us fitness professionals the secrets! Eric the Trainer, gave several presentations, and I caught the one on Celebrity Secrets, and it was most interesting!!!  I also found some of what he said rather disturbing. First off, he was very upfront about the fact that celebrities come to him for improve their appearance.  Not to improve their health or athletic performance.  To look their best.  He admitted that his approach then, is entirely dedicated to that end. Male and female celebrities are trained in completely different ways because Hollywood wants women to be lithe and thin and in his words, "look like they dropped out of heaven looking this way without every having ste