Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Snap Pea & Grape Tomato Pesto Salad


Well, we made it through the first week of school here.  So far, so good.  It's gone relatively smoothly, but I'm still glad the weekend is here.  I thought I'd share another recipe with you today.

This dish is a creation I made for my father-in-law's birthday bbq last weekend.  Most of the time I would make my own pesto, but we had a busy weekend, so I picked up a container of Sunflower Kitchen's basil pesto.  It's gluten-free, nut-free and vegan (I can't bring something with dairy to Adam's parents' house if we are eating a meal with meat).  Mixed with just a bit of white wine vinegar, it made the perfect dressing for this yummy salad.



Snap Pea & Grape Tomato Pesto Salad

1 lb snap peas, trimmed and cut
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
2 tbls homemade or store bought basil pesto
2 tbls white wine vinegar

Whisk together pesto and white wine vinegar in a serving bowl.  Add veggies and toss. 

I have shared this recipe with Vegetarian Mamma's Gluten-Free Friday.