Skip to main content

Blu-Toque: Product Review


Its a chilly one today, though, only compared to early this week when we were having unseasonably mild weather. If you live in a cold climate, you will love this new product.

Though I have a blog...and 2 websites, you can probably guess by the lack of prettiness around here, that I am not much of a tech expert.

At age 7 and 10, the girls are already miles ahead of their parents over here, when it comes to social media and digital gadgets.

One of the things that I have never been a user of is Bluetooth. I don't even know what it is except that it allows you to do things wirelessly...right?

Anyways, I was recently sent a Blu-Toque to try out with Bluetooth technology. Its essentially a winter hat, which comes in a variety of styles, and includes the following features:



Pair with iPhone, Android device, or tablet in seconds.
Listen to music and take phone calls with built-in mic.
Great style and warmth for winter weather.
Stereo sound with left and right speakers.
Bluetooth 4.0 gives you the best sound quality.
Machine washable; just remove Bluetooth module and wash with laundry.
60 hours standby, 6 hours play time, 2 hours charging.
Color-coordinated control panel allows switching songs and answering calls.
One size fits most.
Since I can barely use my old smartphone, I turned it over to Big A, aged 10, when it arrived. She immediately loved the idea, and it took her about 5 minutes to set up. She took my iPod and downloaded all the music playlists in seconds. Then stuck it on my head. Cool!

I guess I could use it to liven up my commute too and from work in the winter, and should I ever get the courage to run outside in the cold weather, it would be perfect for that too.

Connecting my phone to it would also be great when I am on the go, since even if my phone is just in my purse or back pack, I can never find it when it rings.

So do I recommend the Blu-Toque? Well, not if you live in a tropical climate. But if you live anywhere requiring a winter hat, then absolutely. I assume 99.9% of you are gadget/phone users to a much greater degree than I am, so you will probably love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese 7-Spice Kelp Noodles

I love trying new spices and seasonings, so I am very excited that the President's Choice Black Label line now has a bunch of new spice blends available.  My most recent find: Shichimi Togarashi, or Japanese 7-Spice blend. It's a combination of crushed red chili flakes, sea salt, Szechiuan peppercorns, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, orange zest, wasabi powder and nori seaweed flakes. I make Japanese-inspired dishes all the time, but resort to the same old flavours most of the time: miso, soy, sesame, ginger and garlic.  I was so excited to be able to liven things up a bit. This dish is easy and tasty, although be warned that this seasoning packs punch.  I used 1 tsp, which ended up being too spicy for me, and I have a high tolerance for heat!  I recommend 1/4-1/2 tsp, or, if you don't like heat at all, make your own at home and omit the red chili flakes.  You'll get all the flavour without the heat. I served these noodles with a mix of seafood (

Book Review: The A to Z of Children's Health

Hey there, welcome to Monday!  We had a delightful, relatively quiet weekend.  How was yours?  Hopefully no one in your home was sick...there is a lot of nasty stuff going around these days. If you're a parent, than you have probably spent far more time that you would like to desperately searching Google and/or parenting books trying to figure out if your child's rash, cough or fever warrants a trip to the doctor or if there is something that can be done to treat it.  It's hard not to worry that it could be something more ominous that just an every day infection and while you'd make yourself (and everyone around you) nuts if you panicked every time your kid has the sniffles, as a parent, you naturally want to do everything in your power to prevent your child from harm. Recently I was sent The A to Z of Children's Health , written by doctors Jeremy Friedman, Natasha Saunders, and Norman Saunders, of Toronto's very own Hospital for Sick Children .  One of th

How to Look Like a Celebrity

Okay, I know you're going to be interested in this post! I am sure virtually every woman in North America has wondered how Hollywood celebrities achieve such 'perfect' bodies.  Well, at CAN FIT PRO last week, one of Hollywood's top fitness trainers, Eric the Trainer , was there to tell us fitness professionals the secrets! Eric the Trainer, gave several presentations, and I caught the one on Celebrity Secrets, and it was most interesting!!!  I also found some of what he said rather disturbing. First off, he was very upfront about the fact that celebrities come to him for improve their appearance.  Not to improve their health or athletic performance.  To look their best.  He admitted that his approach then, is entirely dedicated to that end. Male and female celebrities are trained in completely different ways because Hollywood wants women to be lithe and thin and in his words, "look like they dropped out of heaven looking this way without every having ste