Skip to main content

A Full Moon or Demons?



Not that she's ever an easy child, but this week Little A has really been pushing me to the brink. I wonder if we need an exorcist?

Forgive me if we are Facebook friends in which case you would have seen me post this on Tuesday, but for those of you who are not, here is a summary of how the morning went down:

@#*% that made my 4-year-old cry this morning:
1. She didn't like the clothes I picked for her because she (now) doesn't like purple.
2. She forgot to tell daddy something before he left the house.
3. She spilled her milk.
4. Her feet got wet from the spilled milk.
5. She wanted daddy.
6. When I applied her sunblock it made her feel itchy.
7. She wanted daddy.
8. The apple juice freezies the kids ...
begged to eat on the way to daycare were too cold.
9. She wanted daddy.
10. The freezie melted before she could eat it all and it was my fault.
11. She wanted daddy.
12. She wanted to hold may hand but I was walking too quickly.
13. She wanted daddy.
14. I held her hand too tightly.
15. She wanted daddy.

Now she's at daycare. And. I. Need. A. Stiff. Drink.

That evening when we talked about what a tough morning it had been and I asked her if she was going to behave better the next day she smiled and said to me, "I don't know, I might be a little grumpy."

I'm not kidding.

Another charming moment happened on Wednesday.  I let everyone try my sugar-free milk chocolate chunks a few days ago and ever since, Little A has been asking for more.  I told her no, I was saving them to bake with (and try not to get in the habit of letting the girls have treats every single time they ask).  So on Wednesday, which was the third day in a row she asked and I said no, she then stomped her foot and said, "I'm getting really annoyed.  I keep asking for some and you keep not giving me any!"

Is it any wonder that she made up a story on the way home from daycare the other day about a mommy who was really pissed off.  Hey, I have no idea where she learned that language!

I won't even bore you with all her bedtime antics that have me stark raving mad each evening.  I've been needing regular time outs to keep from having a tantrum myself.

Honestly, it's a good thing I work as an infertility counsellor.  It reminds me how lucky I am to have these girls.  Unfortunately, no matter how much you want your children and how hard you worked to get them, it's still challenging to be a parent.

Nevertheless, it's Friday and we have a family weekend ahead.  Yiperoo!  We're taking the girls to the Live Green Toronto Festival, which we've taken them to before and has been a hit.  Live music, healthy and eco living vendors, food, and usually a pretty cool swag bag.  If you're in the GTA, check it out!  Have a great tantrum-free weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese 7-Spice Kelp Noodles

I love trying new spices and seasonings, so I am very excited that the President's Choice Black Label line now has a bunch of new spice blends available.  My most recent find: Shichimi Togarashi, or Japanese 7-Spice blend. It's a combination of crushed red chili flakes, sea salt, Szechiuan peppercorns, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, orange zest, wasabi powder and nori seaweed flakes. I make Japanese-inspired dishes all the time, but resort to the same old flavours most of the time: miso, soy, sesame, ginger and garlic.  I was so excited to be able to liven things up a bit. This dish is easy and tasty, although be warned that this seasoning packs punch.  I used 1 tsp, which ended up being too spicy for me, and I have a high tolerance for heat!  I recommend 1/4-1/2 tsp, or, if you don't like heat at all, make your own at home and omit the red chili flakes.  You'll get all the flavour without the heat. I served these noodles with a mix of seafood (

Book Review: The A to Z of Children's Health

Hey there, welcome to Monday!  We had a delightful, relatively quiet weekend.  How was yours?  Hopefully no one in your home was sick...there is a lot of nasty stuff going around these days. If you're a parent, than you have probably spent far more time that you would like to desperately searching Google and/or parenting books trying to figure out if your child's rash, cough or fever warrants a trip to the doctor or if there is something that can be done to treat it.  It's hard not to worry that it could be something more ominous that just an every day infection and while you'd make yourself (and everyone around you) nuts if you panicked every time your kid has the sniffles, as a parent, you naturally want to do everything in your power to prevent your child from harm. Recently I was sent The A to Z of Children's Health , written by doctors Jeremy Friedman, Natasha Saunders, and Norman Saunders, of Toronto's very own Hospital for Sick Children .  One of th

How to Look Like a Celebrity

Okay, I know you're going to be interested in this post! I am sure virtually every woman in North America has wondered how Hollywood celebrities achieve such 'perfect' bodies.  Well, at CAN FIT PRO last week, one of Hollywood's top fitness trainers, Eric the Trainer , was there to tell us fitness professionals the secrets! Eric the Trainer, gave several presentations, and I caught the one on Celebrity Secrets, and it was most interesting!!!  I also found some of what he said rather disturbing. First off, he was very upfront about the fact that celebrities come to him for improve their appearance.  Not to improve their health or athletic performance.  To look their best.  He admitted that his approach then, is entirely dedicated to that end. Male and female celebrities are trained in completely different ways because Hollywood wants women to be lithe and thin and in his words, "look like they dropped out of heaven looking this way without every having ste