I was blessed with never having oily skin as a teenager. I got a zit here and there, but acne was never a problem for me. My skin has always been more on the dry side. Unfortunately, now that I'm 'mature' I am experiencing the downside of having dry skin. While women with oilier skin my age now 'glow', I tend to have sallow, dull skin that shows lines and wrinkles.
The area around the outer corners of my eyes are particularly problematic because my eyes water a lot, particularly in cold weather, which irritates my sensitive skin. So I was more than happy to try out Nerium's Age-Defying Eye Serum when they sent the request.
Here is the scoop on this product:
The patent-pending SIG-1191 molecule delivers targeted antioxidant power to help smooth the skin for a more youthful, healthy appearance, while also adding essential hydration.
Additionally, the exclusive I-FIL4R™ ingredient, derived from White Lily and Brazilian ginseng, helps reduce the appearance of puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and firmness – all benefits that become even more apparent with consistent use.
The Eye Serum also goes beyond addressing the signs of aging you see today. By targeting the underlying causes of aging, it provides long-term benefits so you can have youthful, healthy looking skin for years to come.
- SIG-1191: A patent-pending, exclusive ingredient that works as a super antioxidant and skin hydrator specifically developed to target aging around the eyes.
- I-FIL4R: An exclusive ingredient from White Lily and Brazilian Ginseng that helps reduce the appearance of puffiness, fine lines and dark circles.
- Caffeine: A potent vasoconstrictor which helps minimize the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
- Jojoba Esters: Superior hydrators, for light, yet intensive moisturizing of the thin skin around the eyes.
- Advanced Peptide: Supports the skin’s natural collagen and elastin, which helps skin look fuller and plumper.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Boosts and locks moisture into the skin for softer, smoother, fuller-looking skin.
- Green Tea: A well-known antioxidant that guards against damage caused by UV rays.
As for my experience with it, well, after a few weeks of use, I have noticed the lines around the outer corners of my eyes a bit less noticeable. Of course, the most important thing is that it doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin. Whether or not around the outer corners of my eyes are particularly problematic because my eyes water a lot, it has actually reduced my wrinkles, I don't know, but what I like best is that it is completely non-greasy, but really smooths out the skin making my foundation go on better.
The retail price for this product is $80/10ml, so not for anyone on a budget, but at least you only need a tiny bit, so it lasts a while.
Just remember, the best way to age beautifully and healthfully is to take care of yourself through a lifestyle that includes sun protection, regular exercise, and proper nutrition.
Disclosure: I was sent this product to review, but all opinions on this blog are my own.
This weekend our new fridge should arrive, and we are so looking forward to it. Our old one has broken drawers (from being crammed too full of food!) and is really old and worn. Really, the renos are done and all the remaining work is just decor and sourcing a bit more furniture. We love our new digs, its awesome! I am back in the kitchen, cooking and baking (there is going to be some from-scratch pizza making happening!), and Adam and I are back in our home gym, and we couldn't be happier. Today I am at the last day of a 3-day conference on infertility (CFAS), and the girls are busy with all their activities which are up and running again. Have a great one and stay healthy!