Monday, November 3, 2014
Lazy-Mom's Guide to Halloween
Hi there and happy Monday. How was your Halloween?
Personally, this was the best Halloween I can recall in many years! Why? Because I totally slacked off.
Here is what you need to (not) do to have an awesome Halloween:
1. Spend too much money buying your kids' costumes online and choose ones that don't require you to paint their faces. Just buy enough ahead of time so you make sure they arrive before the big day!
2. Say "YES" when your neighbour invites your kids over for dinner and trick-or-treating (someone else do the dirty work for me? Sign me up!).
3. Don't return the overpriced pumpkin to the market even though it started rotting the day after you brought it home. Just cut out the bad parts and make the holes part of your Jack-o-lantern design. Besides, rotting pumpkin is far easier to cut.
4. Throw out pumpkin seeds and the whole rest of the pumpkin the next day and don't bother to cook or bake with any of it. Feel no guilt about throwing out edible products. Hey, its compost anyways!
5. Aside from your pumpkin, do not put up any decorations or ornamentation. Not only is it less work to get ready, but less work to clean up too! Ignore all the adorable lights and decorations all the Martha Stewart wanna bes on your street have had up for the past 2 weeks.
6. Make husband answer the door for all the trick-or-treaters while you relax on the couch. When children get home, make them take over. Keep your butt firmly planted on that couch.
7. When you get close to the end of the evening, tell children to hand out huge piles of candy so none is left over and you are stuck trying to figure out what to do with it.
There you go, you are very welcome!
The rest of our weekend was great too. We had friends and their kids over and ordered Thai food Saturday night, and then got an extra hour of sleep thanks to the time change. Sunday we did our usual activities and then took the girls to do errands in the afternoon.