Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Tropical Fruit Salsa

I made this for the wild salmon we're having tonight. You could also serve it with chicken or any kind of seafood.

1 large mango, diced
1/2 pineapple, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tbls coconut flour (optional)

Combine all ingredients and let sit at least 20 minutes for flavours to mix. Coconut flour is my new favorite ingredient. I know use it regularly to thicken up sauces and frostings. If you don't use it, it will still be great flavours. I love using vinegars to cook with and rice vinegar is fantastic. Sodium free, sugar free and calorie free but full of flavour. I use vinegars of all types everywhere to add zing to my meals. Experiment with different ones such as rice vinegar, cider vinegar, balsamic, red or white wine, champagne, etc.