Skip to main content

Poop in Peace

Recticare Box
Okay, I've really been falling behind in getting out some posts I've been working on, butt I really thought I should squeeze this one out.

For some reason, people really don't like talking about anything to do with their butts.  Butt, what's going on down there can be an indicator of your overall health.

Most of us know that if you have blood in your stool, you should get it checked out.  We also know that we should start getting screened for colon cancer at some point (depending on family history/personal risk factors).

There can also be issues with discomfort while pooping from either hemorrhoids or fissures.  This is no joke man, I can tell you from personal experience.  After both my girls were born, I developed serious fissures that made it feel like I was passing razer blades out of my butt anytime I had to poop.  I thought this was weird since I had 2 C-sections, but my OB said it's not uncommon due to the constipation caused by the hormones and surgeries.  I know for women who have natural births, hemorrhoids often develop, especially after a prolonged labour. 

In my case, I had to take stool softeners for about 4 months after both girls were born, and the OB had to prescribe a cortisone treatment.  But it took a few weeks to work and in the short term didn't help with the pain. 

So when I was asked to write a post about RectiCare, I agreed because I don't mind talking poop.  Bathroom humour is my favorite kind of humour after all!  I was sent the cream, but since my butt is currently fine, I really can't try it out.  What I can tell you, is that unlike the other products on the market meant to heal, which only offer longer term relief, this product contains Lidocaine, a local anesthetic that can provide immediate relief from pain, burning and itching.  It also includes finger cots so, um, you don't need to get your hands dirty.  I can tell you now, I would have really appreciated this product when I was experiencing painful pooping!

So, if you are suffering every time you sit on the can, you might want to give it a try.

Disclaimer:  I was sent a complimentary tube of Recticare but all opinions on this blog are my own. 

Oh, and if anyone lives in the Toronto area and wants the free sample, it's unopened and I am happy to give it to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese 7-Spice Kelp Noodles

I love trying new spices and seasonings, so I am very excited that the President's Choice Black Label line now has a bunch of new spice blends available.  My most recent find: Shichimi Togarashi, or Japanese 7-Spice blend. It's a combination of crushed red chili flakes, sea salt, Szechiuan peppercorns, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, orange zest, wasabi powder and nori seaweed flakes. I make Japanese-inspired dishes all the time, but resort to the same old flavours most of the time: miso, soy, sesame, ginger and garlic.  I was so excited to be able to liven things up a bit. This dish is easy and tasty, although be warned that this seasoning packs punch.  I used 1 tsp, which ended up being too spicy for me, and I have a high tolerance for heat!  I recommend 1/4-1/2 tsp, or, if you don't like heat at all, make your own at home and omit the red chili flakes.  You'll get all the flavour without the heat. I served these noodles with a mix of seafood (

Blackfly Coolers: Product Review

Summer is over! Well, at least if you're a student. Officially it doesn't end for a few weeks, and it certainly still feels like summer. Yeah, I hate it. This f*cking hot, humid weather needs to end NOW! We made the most of our last weekend of the summer with our annual trip to the CNE on Friday, with a crowd of friends. It wasn't unbearably lot, thank goodness, and the girls and their friends had a blast on the rides.  Saturday I had to work, and Sunday was errand day. Monday we took the girls berry/apple/pear picking but didn't last long due to the heat. I organized the house to prepare for the construction workers starting back up yesterday, while Adam took the girls for a swim in our neighbourhood pool. Yesterday was the first day of school. Grade 2 and Grade 5. Yep, the girls are growing up.  We are fortunate that the girls don't have much anxiety about school, they are so much more confident than I ever was as a kid! But now, in the midst of our reno ch

How to Look Like a Celebrity

Okay, I know you're going to be interested in this post! I am sure virtually every woman in North America has wondered how Hollywood celebrities achieve such 'perfect' bodies.  Well, at CAN FIT PRO last week, one of Hollywood's top fitness trainers, Eric the Trainer , was there to tell us fitness professionals the secrets! Eric the Trainer, gave several presentations, and I caught the one on Celebrity Secrets, and it was most interesting!!!  I also found some of what he said rather disturbing. First off, he was very upfront about the fact that celebrities come to him for improve their appearance.  Not to improve their health or athletic performance.  To look their best.  He admitted that his approach then, is entirely dedicated to that end. Male and female celebrities are trained in completely different ways because Hollywood wants women to be lithe and thin and in his words, "look like they dropped out of heaven looking this way without every having ste