Skip to main content

Happy Hump Day

I don't know why Wednesday gets such a bad rap.  I love Wednesdays!  By Wednesday I feel like the worst of the week is over.  I certainly hope that's the case today, because it's been a very frustrating week so far.

Our phone system has mostly been down since early Monday morning, and our Internet has been coming and going.  Yesterday morning the Bell guy came and 'fixed' it, but the line went dead again a few hours later.  This led him to the conclusion that the problem is being caused by our alarm system, only the alarm company denies this, and claims that 99% of the time when Bell says this, it is really Bell's fault.

All I know is that this is super annoying and I have 2 phone counselling sessions booked for Friday (the fertility clinic sees a lot of patients from out-of-town), and I would much rather do them from home than from the clinic.

I also had another talk booked for yesterday and this time the clients messed up.  Bailey, who arranges these talks for me, sent them about 4 or 5 confirmation emails about it, yet they failed to communicate to either of us that the talk had to be rescheduled because they are currently in the process of moving offices.  So I got all the way down there only to be told it was a no-go.  At least it wasn't my mistake this time!

We're also in the midst of a major heat wave, with temps of around 34 celcius and 800% humidity.  My absolute least favorite weather!  At least Little A has finally relented to wearing summer PJs at night, although she will not give up wearing socks all the time except for the bath.  Weird kid!

The good news is Little A is now showing some interest in potty training, and even made a poop in the toilet at daycare this week, and a few kibbles in the potty at home one evening.  She desperately wants to be able to wear her Dora underwear without a pull-up underneath.  Thank you Nickelodeon!

The bad news is, she has been waking up this week in a really pissy mood.  This morning was brutal.  The only thing that quelled the grumpies were watermelon slushies (i.e. watermelon and ice thrown into the blender).  As you can see, the girls enjoyed them!


Stay cool and wear sunscreen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese 7-Spice Kelp Noodles

I love trying new spices and seasonings, so I am very excited that the President's Choice Black Label line now has a bunch of new spice blends available.  My most recent find: Shichimi Togarashi, or Japanese 7-Spice blend. It's a combination of crushed red chili flakes, sea salt, Szechiuan peppercorns, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, orange zest, wasabi powder and nori seaweed flakes. I make Japanese-inspired dishes all the time, but resort to the same old flavours most of the time: miso, soy, sesame, ginger and garlic.  I was so excited to be able to liven things up a bit. This dish is easy and tasty, although be warned that this seasoning packs punch.  I used 1 tsp, which ended up being too spicy for me, and I have a high tolerance for heat!  I recommend 1/4-1/2 tsp, or, if you don't like heat at all, make your own at home and omit the red chili flakes.  You'll get all the flavour without the heat. I served these noodles with a mix of seafood (

Book Review: The A to Z of Children's Health

Hey there, welcome to Monday!  We had a delightful, relatively quiet weekend.  How was yours?  Hopefully no one in your home was sick...there is a lot of nasty stuff going around these days. If you're a parent, than you have probably spent far more time that you would like to desperately searching Google and/or parenting books trying to figure out if your child's rash, cough or fever warrants a trip to the doctor or if there is something that can be done to treat it.  It's hard not to worry that it could be something more ominous that just an every day infection and while you'd make yourself (and everyone around you) nuts if you panicked every time your kid has the sniffles, as a parent, you naturally want to do everything in your power to prevent your child from harm. Recently I was sent The A to Z of Children's Health , written by doctors Jeremy Friedman, Natasha Saunders, and Norman Saunders, of Toronto's very own Hospital for Sick Children .  One of th

How to Look Like a Celebrity

Okay, I know you're going to be interested in this post! I am sure virtually every woman in North America has wondered how Hollywood celebrities achieve such 'perfect' bodies.  Well, at CAN FIT PRO last week, one of Hollywood's top fitness trainers, Eric the Trainer , was there to tell us fitness professionals the secrets! Eric the Trainer, gave several presentations, and I caught the one on Celebrity Secrets, and it was most interesting!!!  I also found some of what he said rather disturbing. First off, he was very upfront about the fact that celebrities come to him for improve their appearance.  Not to improve their health or athletic performance.  To look their best.  He admitted that his approach then, is entirely dedicated to that end. Male and female celebrities are trained in completely different ways because Hollywood wants women to be lithe and thin and in his words, "look like they dropped out of heaven looking this way without every having ste